Alcohol Licence Training it the UK

Alcohol licensing in the UK

After working for various alcohol licensing companies in the United Kingdom over the past ten years I made what I fell was the right decision to start up on my. My vision was to try and create a website that was simple and easy to use and explained alcohol licensing in a clear and precise manor.

I wanted to try and create a website that was mobile friendly and also easy to navigate on all types of devices including iPad's, Androids, laptops and desktops. I also wanted avoid stuffing to text with loads of keywords just to try and rank on Google and other search engines. The website I wanted to create would give people basic information about alcohol licensing and other them more information if required. 

I also had a vision to run blog giving people useful hits and tips on anything relating to alcohol licensing and choose Blogger as my ideal platform for regular helpful blogs and licensing and the hospitality industry. 

There are two licensing Acts on the UK mainland these are the licensing Act 2003 for England & Wales and the Scottish licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.

Alcohol licence training courses

To gain an alcohol licence or personal licence as it is sometimes called, potential candidates are required to undertake a one day training course on the relevant licensing Act dependent on where they live in the United Kingdom.
Anyone who wants to run a pub, restaurant, shop or business where alcohol is sold requires a personal alcohol licence. The premises where alcohol is sold from will also hold a separate licence known as the premises licence. To operate and sell alcohol from a premises a personal licence holder is nominated on the premises licence as the acting Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).  In Scotland this person is known as the premises manager. 

Booking an alcohol licensing law course

My company offers nationwide training courses for the one day alcohol licensing law course know as the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) level 2 and in Scotland the Scottish Certificated for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH) level 6. You can book a course or look at potential training dates on our website using the link below.